Easter was nice…I went to Cavriglia and spent the holiday with Anna Lisa, Lucio, Francesco, and Matteo. I went there on the bus on Friday and we went to the hair salon and Francesco got a haircut and so did I! My hair is now short for me! It feels good though, a lot easier to manage and all my dead and splint ends are history. On Saturday we hung around and went to the movies and saw “Monsters vs. Aliens” a cartoon movie, and I thought it was so cute and was laughing. It was nice that I could understand it. Saturday night we went to church at 10pm and it was a nice service and everyone we talked to afterwards was really nice, it is a sweet place where they live. Easter Sunday we had a nice lunch at Anna Lisa’s of lamb with the oven roasted potatoes and other yummy food as usual. Later we took the kids and went to Anna Lisa’s friends house, Tanya. She is from Switzerland but her parents live in San Francisco. She has the most gorgeous house with the best view, I took some wonderful pictures. They also make their own olive oil and have 400 olive trees on their land- amazing. A bunch of people were there and all of the kids colored eggs and went on an egg hunt, it was so cute. Reminded me of being home for Easter…except we are all in our twenties basically and still do this…haha. The next day we went for a nice ride through Chianti and made a few stops along the way. We met up with some of Anna Lisa and Lucio’s friends in Greve in Chianti. It was the Pasquetta so they had some streets blocked off and vendors and a nice antiques market set up that we walked around and got some delicious gelato. Later we went to a restaurant and I had the best prosciutto cotto pizza of my life!
I got my Contemporary History midterm back and I got a 91 so I was pleased! I took an art history midterm on Wednesday so I will find out how I did on that next week. Our trip to Florence and the Uffizi for class went really well. I learned a lot and was yet again impressed with how my teachers knowledge of all the art. We only have 3 lessons left for each of our history classes which is really bizarre and puts into perspective how soon we finish! So sad. We’re all obviously going to miss it, although it will be bittersweet to go home, nice to see everyone and get everything back in order and jobs started and all that real world stuff! I signed up for my classes for the next semester and am excited to take them.
This is our last weekend in Siena…next weekend my friends and I are taking a trip to Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii! Colleen’s cousin took the same organized trip when she was abroad two years ago and said it was the most enjoyable and beautiful trip she took, and we have heard good things from friends that took the same one this year- I’m hoping for good weather!! Then after that we only have the week and we have final exams and our farewell dinner which apparently is at one of the fanciest restaurants in Siena! We’ll all get dressed up and have one last hoorah. Things are great though, last night I was using my Italian so much when we were out which was a great feeling. Until next time!! Ciao xoxo
Guilia, So glad you're doing/going so much. Can't wait to hear all about it, see pics, and your hair! We missed you at Easter :-( Glad you were with famiglia. I wonder if the easter bunny left something for you, not sure he (she?) knew you were in Italia. love, auntie
ReplyDelete